[CESG] Revised updates to CCSDS Org & Proc doc, A02.1-Y-4c1

Barton, Richard J. (JSC-EV811) richard.j.barton at nasa.gov
Mon Sep 28 13:30:19 UTC 2015

Nestor,

Actually, it seems to me that both of those statements could be true. Sometimes the individuals in the BoF will have knowledge of resources that are available for the WG and sometimes they will not, but I see your point. If we always move forward as if no resources have yet been identified for a new WG, then it will emphasize to the CMC that it is their job to prioritize work and find resources for that which needs to be done. At the moment, it seems that they often look to the CESG to find the resources or hope that they will be found. Unfortunately, my feeling is that they will just respond by denying any requests for new work until such time that someone can “guarantee” to them that resources are available.

Rick

Richard J. Barton, Ph.D.
Wireless and Communication Systems Branch
NASA Johnson Space Center
2101 NASA Parkway
Mail Code EV811
Houston, TX 77058