[CESG] SSG Telecon Reminder - 11 May 2015 @ 0730 PDT

Shames, Peter M (312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri May 8 19:06:53 UTC 2015

Dear Colleagues,

This is just a quick reminder that we have an SSG telecon scheduled for this coming Monday, 11 May 15, @ 0730 AM PDT, 1030 AM EDT, and 1630 PM CEST.

DRAFT Agenda

  1.  Discuss SANA Steering Group membership
  2.  Review proposed changes to the SANA Yellow Book (CCSDS 313x0y1)
  3.  Review draft Registry Management Policy document (new Yellow Book)

The draft docs were sent already.  Attached is a presentation that summarizes the main issues with the current SANA registries that I think we need to address.  This is really a system engineering issue more than a SANA operational issue, but they are, of course, related.

In just the last few weeks we have seen SOIS and CSS documents that would have benefited from having the proposed new registries and management structure in place.  Each of them references "providers" and "users", and appears to intend to create separate registries for these.  I hope that we can get some consensus in support of the proposed approach of using global registries for these kinds of entities.  At the minimum, we can start soon to evolve the existing agency and person registries to have a more globally useful set of contents and policies and use these to actually simplify these new standards that need such registries.

Best regards, Peter