[CESG] A presentation on terminology issues

Shames, Peter M (312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Mar 13 15:01:48 UTC 2015

Hi Nestor,

You asked for some materials addressing the kinds of terminology issues we have within CCSDS.  Here is a modest presentation addressing a handful of key terms where there are multiple definitions (entity, object, service, information/data model, binding, domain, channel, PDU).  As you will see there are some where we do not have great problems and others where things are quite disjoint.

I doubt we will have time to address this today, but I'd like to put it on the agenda for the CESG meeting.

Thanks, Peter