[CESG] Question about CCSDS 876.1-R-1 & 876.0-R-1

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Sun Jul 26 19:46:41 UTC 2015

Dear Richard and Jonathan

As CESG Chair I ask you the following

Confirm the WG's intention that the doc  "CCSDS 876.1-R-1 SPECIFICATION
FOR DICTIONARY OF TERMS FOR ELECTRONIC DATA SHEETS FOR ONBOARD COMPONENTS"
shall be published as a Magenta Book. I concur with Peter that a
dictionary of terms is normally a MB, unless it is conceived (but not
reflected in the submitted doc.) as an specification language (XML?) for a
dictionary (similar to the  BB DEDSL in the MOIMS DAI WG)
If the WG confirms point 1, you need to
change the track of the Project for doc 876.1-R-1 in CWE, from BB to MB
change the resources. There are "resources confirmed for a BB" by the CMC
for Editor=ESA, Prototype 1= NASA, Prototype 2=UKSA., i.e. Juan Miro,
James Afarin and Peter Allan have committed Agencies' resources for it.
check the title. There is a difference between the doc submitted for the
poll and the one in the CWE as spotted by JAXA
check the WG charter (I did it and my impression is that changes are not
needed)
check the doc for consistency with a MB. JAXA stated that on page ii the
text is for a BB.

If the WG believes that the doc shall be BB, you need to fully update the
doc

In case the WG stays with step 1 and 2
@ Martin & Rick: you need to approve the Project.
As it is a Project change, the Secretariat needs to issue a CMC poll for
its approval. Note: if the charter is updated, we can consider it as a
small change (no need for a CESG poll) and include it in the same CMC poll
Once the poll gets approved, the Secretariat can re-issued the CESG and
CMC polls (including an updated doc -e.g. title, page ii, etc.)

In case the WG goes instead, with step 3
Update the doc as BB. This will take some weeks
@ Martin & Rick: Once the doc is ready, please raise a  resolution
requesting the CESG and CMC polls.

CESG would appreciate your feedback asap

.