[CESG] Re: SLS reply to SEA AD conditions for CESG review of CCSDS 131.5-O-1, Erasure Correcting Codes for Use in Near-Earth and Deep-Space Communications

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Wed Oct 22 12:30:41 UTC 2014

Dear Peter,
        thank you for taking the time to quickly analyze the SLS response.
 I am glad of listening that you are willing to withdraw the poll
condition.
Your alternative condition is just normal practice as there is nothing
like a "default promotion to blue book status for a published orange book"
in CCSDS rules.
Moreover, whenever the C&S WG has approved (just by chance always under my
WG chairmanship) starting an Orange Book (e.g. LDPC Codes, SCCC and,
finally, Erasure Codes) it has always been remarked (and reported) that
the Working Group consensus had to be intended as the fact that  "WG task
will be limited to providing comments with no implication of support to
eventual standardization."

SLS Area can therefore assure that CCSDS rules will be followed in
producing a consensus standard that fits with the rest of our normal
standards as this is normal practice and all characters from WG Members to
CESG and CMC Members look after this.

Thank you for confirming to Secretariat that your conditions are fulfilled
and we can proceed to next step.

Best ergards

Gian Paolo