[CESG] Re: SLS reply to SEA AD conditions for CESG review of CCSDS 131.5-O-1, Erasure Correcting Codes for Use in Near-Earth and Deep-Space Communications

Shames, Peter M (312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Oct 22 01:03:58 UTC 2014

Dear Gippo, et al,

As promised I am providing my reply to your rejection of this SEA RID.  I am willing to withdraw this condition to publishing this Orange Book now, but must insist that a different, but related, condition be agreed to by the C&S WG and the SLS Area.

My alternative condition is this:  That the SLS Area and C&S WG agree that this Orange Book shall not be proposed for promotion to Blue Book status unless and until the normal evaluation, comparison, study, analysis, and multi-agency prototyping be performed and concurred by the whole working group.

I expressly wish to avoid a situation where this document sits around and, like a nice Bleu chesse, ages until it magically turns Blue.   As long as I am assured that shall not happen, and that normal CCSDS processes will be followed in producing a consensus standard that fits with the rest of our normal standards, I will remove this condition.

Do I have that agreement?

Best regards, Peter