[CESG] RE: CSS Area: Goals / Project Checks needed in the WGs

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Mon Nov 3 09:39:13 UTC 2014

Erik
My personal views

>>Is there a vehicle for capturing what different agencies would like to
see?  For example, I am aware that NASA foresees the need for a SC-CSTS
service.
>> (The counter part to the MD-CSTS service).   Along those same lines I
believe there has been some interest expressed in getting forward and
return file services
>>(application of GFT, per IOAG service catalog one) started.   If the
answer for recording this is to update the CSS area strategic goals I will
do that.

Please update and we present it to the cMC for endorsement

>> Re GFT there is a draft project definition in the framework and this
will be discussed at the CSS meetings in London.
OK. update schedule after Technical meeting and before joint CESG / CMC
meeting

>> Re unframed telemetry, my understanding is that the consensus is to go
with the US ANSI extension to SLE if this is needed rather
>>  than invest CCSDS resources in developing this via the CSTS framework.

OK. Delete Project and present it to CMC for endorsement