[CESG] CCSDS Strategic Plan Draft Issue 8 Version 1

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Tue Sep 10 13:02:05 EDT 2013

R E M I N D E R
==============

Deliver your updated Area section to the CESG by Friday 13th Sep 2013 cob

Dear all

You will find below the suggested " way forward".

Assumptions

The Tactical Plan is the CWE View showing Charters, Projects, Resources,
Schedule. It is regularly updated by the WG chairs and accessible via the
CWE
The CCSDS Strategic Roadmap is the Strategic Plan showing the mapping
between CCSDS Technical Goals, Area goals/sub-goals and existing / at work
/ future recommended standards and practices (including the associated
products / works). A goal / sub-goal can have several standards (projects)
associated to it.
We use a timeline (i.e. By 2018 ....., By 2020 ..., By 2022 ...). For
future projects, tentative date for the publication of the standard can be
put in the plan.
We do not show interdependencies between WGs and Projects in the Strategic
Plan
We show in our mapping (CCSDS tech. goals, Area goals/sub-goals, BB/MB)
all books to be produced in the future
We also show in our mapping (CCSDS tech. goals, Area goals, BB/MB) all
active books (BB/MB) produced in the past. GB supporting a BB are not
needed, but standalone GBs serving its own purpose need to be included
We use the following mapping (to be generated by each area). The graphical
roadmap form (if required by CMC) could be easily generated by the
secretariat
Issue 8 Version 1 (attached below) contains as an example the text form
(suggested by Gippo) for the NAV WG

MOIMS-Goal                      2

Description of goal
MOIMS 2: to finalize the recommended standards for the exchange of
Navigation information (e.g. position, velocity and attitude) by
establishing content and format for tracking, attitude, trajectory,
pointing maneuver and ancillary data (e.g., gravity models, spacecraft
orientation).

Related CCSDS Strategic Goals   2, 3, 6

Existing standards
Recommended Standard CCSDS 505.0-B-1 XML Specification for Navigation Data
Messages
Recommended standard CCSDS 502.0-B-2 Orbit Data Message
Recommended standard CCSDS 503.0-B-1 Tracking Data Message
Recommended standard  CCSDS 504.0-B-1 Attitude Data Message     (if we
agree to include it, moreover could be moved to bottom to focus better on
future)

Future works
CWE Doc. 510.0 Navigation Hardware Message (NHM) MIL-MOIMS-01 2016
CWE Doc. 509.0 Pointing Requests Message (PRM)          MIL-MOIMS-02 2015
CWE Doc. 511.0 Spacecraft Maneuver Message (SMM) MIL-MOIMS-03 2016

What shall you do ?

Take the section of the Plan corresponding to your Area
Modify it according to the assumptions  (analysing also the comments
included in Draft 8 V1 for your Area)
Deliver your updated Area section to the CESG by Friday 13th Sep 2013 cob
CESG Chair will produce a new Issue 8 V2 by Tuesday 17th Sept 2013
We discuss the inputs, issues and final proposed schedule during our webex
on 18th Sept 2013

[attachment "CCSDS-StratPlan-A01x1y1x1-d8v1-16Aug13.docx" deleted by
Nestor Peccia/esoc/ESA]

ciao
nestor
This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed by the sender.