[CESG] RE: CCSDS Fall workshop, San Antonio

Kearney, Mike W. (MSFC-EO01) mike.kearney at nasa.gov
Thu Oct 17 07:26:04 EDT 2013

CMC and CESG Colleagues:  I apologize that the NASA civil service participants in CCSDS (me included) have been unable to respond to communications while my government was having some issues.  The US government shutdown is over, and we are now back to work.  I thank Wallace for providing needed coordination and "damage control" while the civil service staff was "sidelined" by the government shutdown.

As nearly as we can tell, there should be no impact on the CCSDS meeting in San Antonio starting October 28.  There may be some issues with individual travel, as the government agencies and travel systems slowly reawaken, but we don't expect much of that.  Also project and mission issues caused by the shutdown may cause some individuals to have problems with traveling to the meeting.  We are trying to assess that now, but the preliminary indication is that the shutdown ended early enough for us to ramp back up to full attendance.

Meanwhile, we NASA folks have a huge backlog of email that accumulated during the period when we were not allowed to access our NASA email accounts.  If there is something that is high priority that was sent to the NASA CS staff (me included) during the shutdown, please resend it or send another email telling us about it.

Thanks, and we're looking forward to seeing our colleagues in San Antonio and Montreal.

   -=- Mike

Mike Kearney
Lead Technology Manager
Mission Operations Laboratory