[CESG] Option A or B for Org&Procs/ICS books and the rest of CESG

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Wed Nov 13 10:44:17 EST 2013

Dear All,
        solicited by Peter, I add my cent to "what the rest of the CESG
has to say".

Frankly speaking the concise definition of Consensus we have in the Yellow
Book is fine to me as captures the essential aspects we need (i.e. an
agreement - possibly - at the cost of many small individual
renunciations). BTW, this is also consistent with CESG/CMC Polls where one
disapprove - and not majority -  is sufficient to stop the progress.
It looks to me that the current discussion put much more accent and the
process to reach consensus. This is indeed a very interesting (and
delicate) topic where guidelines [not rules, IMHO] can be commendable but
not in the Org&Procs Yellow Book.

For Sec 5.5.2.3 I think that the one word change  <5.5.2.3.2 Project
changes that imply significant change in resource requirements shall be
subject to CMC approval via polling. > was implicitely rejected in San
Antonio when we were told that CMC requires to have full
control/visibility of resources.

I must also say that I do share Chris statement about the fact that "we
already have far more bureaucracy than we need and are in danger of losing
track of the real reason for the existence of CCSDS".

As Nestor suggested 2 options
Option A: put on hold, discuss, agree and send to CMC for further review
Option B: phase approach, go now to CMC for review and introduce other
changes in the next review

I would go for B.

Best regards

Gippo
This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed by the sender.