[CESG] Update Org&Procs/ICS books per CESG discussion

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Tue Nov 12 08:46:14 EST 2013

Peter,

I am not in favour  to include these type of changes at this late stage. I
have collected during 1 or 1.5 months inputs from WGs and Areas in order
to discuss them during the CESG face-to-face meeting,  I received no input
from you..

As your comments constitute major issues that need an in-depth
discussion., I recommend two options

Option A: YBs are not delivered to the CMC, and we discuss the suggested
changes in our next webex in Dec. If no agreement is achieved,  CESG will
continue the discussion in 2014.
Option B: We send the YBs as issued by Tom (including the received
editorial corrections) to the CMC and CESG leaves your suggested changes
for a future update.

As CESG Chair, I recommend Option B

In addition, I would like to comment on your changes

Consensus
We can also consider
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/consensus ---->  an idea or
opinion that is shared by all the people in a group
or
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/consensus      --->  An opinion or
position reached by a group as a whole

I do not buy, as CESG Chair, so easily that without full consensus, the
2nd criteria shall be a simple majority. This is not the spirit of
consensus followed by CCSDS in the last years. We need a serious
discussion about this

Abstain
There were many discussions about this option in the past and CESG decided
to include it due to the problems getting quorum for several polls. This,
again, needs an in-depth discussion.

I could not identify your suggested change on Sec "5.5.2.3 Project mods"

ciao
nestor

This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed by the sender.