[CESG] New version of the CCSSD Strategic Plan / Time ordered goals?

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Wed Mar 6 08:19:02 EST 2013

Erik's comments

a suggestion:  how about organizing each of the area?s objectives and
goals in a time ordered fashion ? it seems to me that would allow the
reader to understand the logic for some of the area goals a little bit
better. Maybe that is just an editing function?
[Nestor] Fully agreed. I was thinking in some graphical way, but it is
time consuming. To be discussed at Bordeaux.

Dear All,
        just my cent..........
Time ordered goals improve understanding when the area is "compact" or
there are a few "unrelated" goals.
When the area is not compact; i.e. there are several WGs,  time ordered
goals would become confusing and the reader  would loose the incremental
evolution within a given topic.

The latter case is applicable to SLS where the goals were grouped for WGs.
Eventually within each WG, the goals were time ordered.

In summary I would leave the text organized "as appropriate" to each Area
and not necessarily fully time ordered (but also without time disorder, of
course :o)
Secretariat could try to derive to derive a picture or a table showing the
goals grouped per year,.
Actually there could be one table/figure per Area and eventually a global
figure/table for whole CCSDS but there is a risk of having a too crowded
figure/table.

Regards

Gippo

This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed by the sender.