[CESG] New version of the CCSSD Strategic Plan ===> MSPA comment

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Wed Mar 6 08:07:08 EST 2013

Erik's comments

I believe some further work is probably required on inter-area strategic
alignment. A case in point is that the SLS area lists development on
standards regard to MSPA techniques. I can tell you that MSPA tends to be
a service management nightmare -- at least as far as DSN management goes
with regard to Mars ? it is the most complicated scenario.  I have
adjusted the cross support services area to properly complement the
strategic goal that is listed for SLS.  Also, I would not all be surprised
to see proper SSI management span SIS, CSS, and MOIMS.  I believe this
will be an interesting discussion at the CESG Bordeaux meeting.
[Nestor] To be discussed at Bordeaux.

Erik,
        your comment is linked to one SLS goal and precisely to:

a       By 2016: to develop standards on Multiple Spacecraft Per Aperture
(MSPA) techniques, on 22 GHz modulations and on emergency communications.

I would like to make clear that this goal (though SLS-RFM WG) only deals
with the RF part for MSPA techniques for downlink and uplink.
It is my understanding that your comment is requiring any correction to
the SLS goal.
Am I correct?

Regards

Gippo

This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed by the sender.