[CESG] general problem how to handle planned projects

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Tue Dec 3 11:58:18 EST 2013

Martin, ALL,
        we should not forget that some "planned projects" have been
created to satisfy CCSDS reporting/interacting with IOAG (i.e. for ICPA
insertion and completeness).
Once created those (unapproved) projects get of course dates that are pure
speculation.
As  CCSDS is expected to continue reporting/interacting with IOAG, I guess
that kind of projects shall be retained.
Of course once those project cast in concrete it is possible to either
update the speculative dates (entering the realistic Estimated Completion
Dates) or delete the dummy project replacing it with a new one.
The former approach has the disadvantage that the Original Completion Date
column will continue showing the very original forecast with a default
delay starting at the very first milestone.
In this respect, the latter approach looks preferable to me.

CCSDS Tech Support could also be consulted to see whether it is possible
to set up a CWE Project status (e.g. "dummy") not requiring to fill up the
Original Completion Date column.

Just my cent.................

Regards

Gian Paolo