[CESG] CESG-P-2013-11-004 New WG Approval - SLS Optical Communication WG

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Tue Dec 3 04:31:56 EST 2013

Dear all,

I would like to know how a closed poll without consensus was converted in
a short period of time to an approved poll. SEA AD has informed the CESG
Chairs about his "change of opinion", but the SIS AD did not inform us,
but both were allowed to enter in the closed poll and change their votes,
or somebody else did it for them..

It is clear, as already mentioned several times by the CESG Chair , that
the poll governance is not clear and "in particular this CESG poll" was
out of the CESG Chairs' control.

e.g.

Who has authorised this ?, clearly not the CESG Chair
Why was it done in this way ?
Where is the consensus paradigm left ?

I will bring this to the CMC. My suggestion is to describe it  better  in
the Proc & Org YB.

In addition, we will discuss its implications at the next CESG webex on
18th Dec 2013.

ciao
nestor

This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed by the sender.