[CESG] Re: [Moims-dai] RE: CESG - MOIMS Resolution Nr 1 after last Fall 2012 CCSDS meeting,

John Garrett John.G.Garrett at nasa.gov
Mon Nov 12 14:53:15 EST 2012

Hi,

Why do we need deprecate these to historical at all.

For example, we have data stored in SFDU format with the intention of it being
stored for the long-term, possibly 50 + years.  The SFDU should not be deprecated
any more than the Fortran even older COBOL languages standards are disposed of.
The standards for the computer languages remain standards, even when other
computer languages are adopted for wide-spread use.

Good Health and Much Peace,
-JOhn