[CESG] RE: [Smwg] Re: My comments of latest draft of charter

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Thu Jul 19 02:44:41 EDT 2012

 > CESG Membership -- this is a draft product, in progress, that will
> be undergoing revisions as result of a WG teleconference held
> earlier today. As such I don't believe it is well advised to review
> this at this time in preference to allowing the WG to complete its
> efforts and review the charter when revisions, etc in progress have
> been completed.  This is projected to be done in approximately 6
> weeks (allowing for summer holidays,etc.)  Having said that,
> comments are welcomed but be advised they may very well be overcome by
events.

Dear Erik,
        taking into account the caveat above, I have a major comment that
I think it should be properly addressed: The Goals are somehow
"immaterial" in the sense that do represent the work to be done but cannot
be matched to real products.

In other words, it looks to me that the present goals represent the needs
justifying such a WG to exist.
Conversely, IMHO the goal should be more oriented to describe the products
expected by this working group.
As our products are books (with the related prototypes when needed)
writing goals with a 1:1 correspondence to Blue/Magenta/Green books (or
sometimes 1:2 if you want to merge in a goal a Blue Book together with its
supporting Green Book) will be very helpful.
I think that then CMC will be able to better judge and approve first the
charter and eventually the relevant CWE Projects.
Moreover this approach would be also very pragmatic with respect to the
identification of resources.

Please consider also this (Editorial) comment: I find unnecessary to
mention the 401 book in the first paragraph of the Rationale as this
paragraph is supposed to be general.

Best regards

Gian Paolo
This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed by the sender.