[CESG] FW: [Smwg] Re: My comments of latest draft of charter

Hooke, Adrian J (9000) adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Jul 18 10:59:11 EDT 2012

CESG: comments?

///adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: smwg-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org [mailto:smwg-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org] On Behalf Of Mario.Merri at esa.int
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 7:52 AM
To: Colin.Haddow at esa.int
Cc: Margherita.di.Giulio at esa.int; Nestor.Peccia at esa.int; smwg at mailman.ccsds.org
Subject: [Smwg] Re: My comments of latest draft of charter

Colin,

if I may add to your comments, I find the charter's Goals very fuzzy and overlapping with the SM&C. For instance, the SM&C WG has already defined an "extensible framework ...". So why not re-using it? and why not mentioning it in the section "Survey of Similar Work Undertaken in Other Bodies"?

Either it is very clear that you are addressing a very limited and confined set of services which (for some reason that you will have to explain) requires a specific service framework or we are again going in the direction of creating overlapping (and possibly contradicting) standards.

Ciao

__Mario