[CESG] RE: [Moims-sc] SM&C WG: WebEx#65 - MoM

Mario.Merri at esa.int Mario.Merri at esa.int
Tue Jan 31 16:52:08 EST 2012

Hi Adrian,

The action is about distributing the ESA code developed in the context of the
CCSDS SM&C. CNES have already informed that their part of the SM&C code can
be already distrubted worldwide and - I believe - NASA/JSC have already asked
them for a license.

Considering the generic issue, I have intermittently  (please check the SM&C
presentation to the MOIMS AD in the last few years) tried to push forward the
idea that CCSDS should make available to the community not only books, but
also implementation as indeed this is a fundamental key for success. As an
example, the fact that both NASA and ESA developed SLE APIs is one of the
reason why SLE is today a success story.

I would certainly favour any activity that will move CCSDS in that direction.
As this topic is infested with a lot of tedious legal issues, my  suggestion
would be that these are reasonably worked out and given as input to the SIG
or whatever else.

Regards,

__Mario