[CESG] RE: [Moims-sc] SM&C WG: WebEx#65 - MoM

Hooke, Adrian J (9000) adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Jan 31 09:38:54 EST 2012

Ø  110518-02   MM to clarify a) the world-wide distributability of the SM&C Testbed software and b) the type of licence required for it. Due 31Mar12.

Mario: I see this as a critical item, not only for SM&C but for many other working groups. Giving users a stack of paper (well, OK, PDF) specifications is one thing. Giving them a working, tested, open software solution is another. We are trying to fix this for DTN by using SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/dtn/. Before that we used Open Channel for SCPS http://www.openchannelsoftware.com/projects/SCPS and we initially used them for DTN, but we later found that we didn't like the extra licensing conditions that they imposed.

It might be very useful to organize a short SIG during the Darmstadt meeting where the Area Directors could present the plans of all of their Working Groups with respect to distributing open-source software. Then perhaps we might see if we can converge on a suitable approach across CCSDS. SANA is probably a good place to register all open implementations.

///adrian