[CESG] CESG Presentation to CMC / TC BB?

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Wed Nov 16 08:17:23 EST 2011

Nestor
        A clarification (may be not needed) according to your short
statement.

>  It is accepted that one Agency pushes for a new TC BB in the NGU WG,
but if this affects the CSTS FW resources where the same
> Agency is having difficulties to allocate them ==. Issue / Problem /
Concern

There is no new TC BB in progress, NASA is proposing an Orange Book for
new TC Coding as other agencies are not supporting.
It is however true that NASA is proposing many new items in NGU, but they
remain only ideas as long as only NASA is needing it (and no second agency
support the work).

Anyhow, the addition of a new TC coding option would not affect CSTS FW as
long as the frame structure does not change.
In other words the Ground Station - Control Center interface will not
change as long as the Data Link Protocol (clearly the implementation
within the Ground Station does change).
A change to the TC Data Link Protocol is likely to affect the Ground
Station - Control Center interface.

Summarizing:
No new TC Blue Book in progress.
A new TC Blue Book would affect considerably CSTS FW only in case the TC
Data Link is heavily modified.

I hope it helps in case you get questions.

Regards

Gian Paolo