[CESG] PICS text in A02.1-Y-2.1d

Hooke, Adrian J (9000) adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov
Sun Jul 10 09:37:37 EDT 2011

I have to say that I am concerned about "PICS creep". IMHO, PICS have a limited range of applicability to specific documents where normative rules of data exchange are specified in minute detail and it is absolutely critical to define "conformance" with the core functions and any selected options.

If the PICS requirement creeps over into other kinds of documents I am concerned that, in a time of highly-constrained resources, we will strangle progress. We need a very clear litmus test for what requires a PICS and what doesn't.

///adrian