[CESG] CESG - MOIMS Resolution Nr 2 after last Fall 2011CCSDS meeting

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Mon Dec 19 13:02:43 EST 2011

CESG Chair

The following resolution has been approved by MOIMS AD.

ciao
nestor

MOIMS-DAI WG-R-2011-02-002, Resolution recommending the issue of CCSDS
650.0-M-2, REFERENCE MODEL FOR AN OPEN ARCHIVAL INFORMATION SYSTEM (OAIS)
as a CCSDS Recommended Practice

The CCSDS Engineering Steering Group:

CONSIDERING that  CCSDS 650.0-M-2, REFERENCE MODEL FOR AN OPEN ARCHIVAL
INFORMATION SYSTEM (OAIS) has completed CCSDS and ISO Reviews

and AFFIRMING that the MOIMS Data Archive Ingestion Group has resolved all
issues

and PRESUPPOSING that the Mission Operations and Information Management
Services Area recommends that the document be published as a Recommended
Practice

APPROVES publication of  CCSDS 650.0-M-2, REFERENCE MODEL FOR AN OPEN
ARCHIVAL INFORMATION SYSTEM (OAIS

The new docs are

-          Magenta book
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6959356/OAIS-v2/650x0m11-final.doc

-          For your information the comparision with the original Blue
Book is
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6959356/OAIS-v2/OAIS-M1-1-Final-compared-to-originalBB.docx

Note that none of the fundamentals of OAIS have been changed ? just
clarifications arising from all the community, CCSDS and ISO comments.
There are changes on just about every page, partly because, from a RID, we
changed ?archive? to ?Archive? throughout!  I think the vast majority of
the rest arose from the community comments and have been through the full
CCSDS and ISO reviews.
Another major change is that we deleted the lengthy descriptions of
existing archives at the end of the document because they were no longer
needed since OAIS is well known