[CESG] CCSDS 355.0-R-1, Space Data Link Security Protocol (Red Book, Issue 1) vs Proximity-1

Shames, Peter M (313B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Apr 6 16:48:36 EDT 2011

Gippo,

On checking with interested parties here it appears that there is no pressing need to address Prox 1 at this time.  Further, I do understand that it was considered and tackling it was set aside in the interests of dealing with the more pressing (and more tractable) issues first, TC, AOS, and TM.

At this point it would suffice for me to have a note in the spec to describe the rationale of why it was left out.

I presume that the rest of the issues will be addressed by the WG.

Regards, Peter