[CESG] CCSDS Policy Question

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Fri Sep 10 10:23:26 EDT 2010

Mike, Adrian:

After a request from the NAV WG Chair, I would like to request CESG and
CMC the set up (if not existing yet) of a CCSDS policy regarding the
active solicitation of members from agencies not represented in the CCSDS
WGs. It can be easily implemented by the Secretariat towards the CMC
members

You will find below the NAV WG example

ciao
nestor
======================================

NAV WG currently has membership only from NASA, ESA, JAXA, CNES.

NAV WG has lost the ASI member effective this past spring, and has heard
nothing about a replacement, though NAV WG chair has inquired.

NAV WG DLR representative, formerly quite active, has not been able to
meet with the WG since Rome (though we have heard he may be resuming his
involvement at the London meetings).

We have not had involvement from CNSA, CSA, INPE, RFSA, or the UK Space
Agency.

Thus we ask whether or not there is an official way to solicit membership
for the different CCSDS Groups.