[Cesg-all] Results of CESG Poll closing 15 February 2021

CCSDS Secretariat thomas.gannett at tgannett.net
Tue Feb 16 15:54:13 UTC 2021

CESG E-Poll Identifier:  CESG-P-2021-01-002
Approval to release CCSDS 883.0-R-1, Spacecraft
Onboard Interface Services—High Data Rate
Wireless Proximity Network Communications (Red
Book, Issue 1) for CCSDS Agency review
Results of CESG poll beginning 25 January 2021 and ending 15 February 2021:

                 Abstain:  0 (0%) Approve
Unconditionally:  4 (80%) (Barkley, Burleigh, Wilmot, He)
Approve with Conditions:  1 (20%) (Shames)
Disapprove with Comment:  0 (0%)
CONDITIONS/COMMENTS:

     Erik Barkley (Approve Unconditionally):   A
minor editorial clean-up request:  can column
headers be provided for Table 2-1?  It appears
that the columns are along the lines "activity"
and "data communication need" (or type) -- assuming my guess is correct.

     Peter Shames (Approve with Conditions):   I
am concerned that there appear to be a number of
loose ends in regard the following: SFCG approval
of frequency band use, end-to-end protocol
diagrams (fig 2-5 & 2-6) that show IP end-to-end
out to Lunar distances instead of DTN, and the
specifics of the SANA registries that are
weak.  I strongly believe that these have to be
fixed before the document can be published, but
they may be acceptable at this point of release for agency review.

Total Respondents:  5

No response was received from the following Area(s):

     MOIMS
     SLS

SECRETARIAT INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS:  Approved with Conditions
PROPOSED SECRETARIAT ACTION:            Generate
CMC poll after conditions have been addressed