[Cesg-all] RE: Why is SLS-SLP the Review Authority for the SCPS-TP Extended Capability Binding Space Identifiers?

Shames, Peter M (312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Apr 1 16:15:53 UTC 2015

Hi Keith,

I suspect that this is just an error and that we can easily fix it now.  In the current SANA YB (CCSDS 313x0y1) it says that one of the four possible registration rules is this:

b) Change requires an engineering review by a designated expert (or group). The expert for

that registry is assigned by the CESG based on the WG recommendation.

Since the WG that created this registry is not active that "expert" would naturally default to the Area that the WG was in.  I think we can safely declare the SIS AD as the "expert" in this case and that doing so breaks no rules nor does it set a precedent that we (the CESG) did not already agree with, in principle, during discussion on Monday, 30 March.

For those just tuning into this discussion, this type of registry rule is the only one that requires an expert review, the other three options use different rules, thus do not require a  "review authority".  This is already in the SANA YB, but some further clean-ups and extensions were proposed and will be reviewed by the CESG in the coming months.

Regards, Peter