[Cesg-all] Results of CMC Poll Closing 07 October 2013

ccsds techsupport ccsds_techsupport at aiaa.org
Mon Oct 21 22:32:03 EDT 2013

CMC E-Poll Identifier: CMC-P-2013-09-008 Approval of New Project for SLS -
5.01 RF and Modulation Working Group
Results of CMC poll beginning 23 September 2013 and ending 07 October 2013:

                 ADOPT: 9 (90%) (CNES, CNSA, CSA, ESA, FSA,
INPE, JAXA, NASA, UKSA)
   ADOPT PROVISIONALLY: 1 (10%) (DLR)
                REJECT:  0 (0%)
  REJECT WITH COMMENTS:  0 (0%)

Results are based on responses from 10 out of 11 members (90.90%).

No response was received from the following Agencies:

ASI

Secretariat Interpretation of Results:  Adopt Provisionally
Resulting CMC Resolution:               CMC-R-2013-09-001
Inferred Secretariat Action:            Approve Project after Provisions
are Met

PROVISIONS

DLR - 1. at least for standards we had the rule, that two member agencies
have to show interest. Here only CNES is writing the book and monitoring
it.
2. From the old BOF activities of planetary communication, I had in mind a
far quicker development of the green book. Now the publishing date is two
years from now.
3. If the book is looking especially for future mission, then it should
take into account the IOAG discussions in narrowing the proposed coding
and modulation types.

NOTES

ESA - ESA will participate as monitoring Agency