[Cesg-all] CCSDS Fall workshop, San Antonio

Tai, Wallace S (9000) wallace.s.tai at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Oct 7 15:08:47 EDT 2013

Dear CESG colleagues,

You may have already heard that the recent U.S. Government shutdown has led to the furloughs of the NASA civil service employees.  I am sure you may wonder about its impacts on the upcoming CCSDS Fall workshop hosted by the NASA in San Antonio, Texas.

As the highest-ranking, non-furloughed NASA member of the Standards Program, and on behalf of Mike Kearney, the CCSDS Secretariat and NASA's CMC representative, I would like to assure you that it is NASA's intention to host a successful Fall workshop in San Antonio regardless of how this particular situation will develop during the next two weeks.

In the unlikely event that the U.S. Government shutdown persists during the week of 27 October 2013, resulting in the possibility of NASA civil service employees not being able to attend, the JPL and contractor participants (more than twenty of them) will still participate actively. In that regard, we are also working on finding stand-ins from the JPL and contractor workforce for those key areas normally supported by NASA civil service employees.

Thanks in advance for all of your continued participation.  Looking forward to seeing you at the workshop.

Regards,

Wallace Tai, NASA/JPL
CESG Deputy Chair