[Secretariat] Re: [Cesg-all] FW: ISO/IEC 9646-7, Information technology, Part7: Implementation Conformance Statements - Implementation Conformance testing methodology and framework

Brian Oliver BrianO at aiaa.org
Fri Apr 15 13:39:31 EDT 2011

Try signing in, and let me know if that does not work for you....

On Apr 15, 2011, at 1:29 PM, "John Garrett" <John.G.Garrett at nasa.gov<mailto:John.G.Garrett at nasa.gov>> wrote:

Hi,

First, it seems as if the URL to get to the ISO PICS Standard has been truncated.  I don't see any documents when clicking on it.

Second, I'm assuming that the requirement for a PICS pro forma included in standards is only applicable to protocols.
After all the is what the P in PICS stands for.
It is not all that applicable in other cases such as Languages, Reference Models, etc.

Finally, especially in the coming year with reduced budgets, does the benefit of having a PICS pro forma even for a protocol standard worth the increased cost of developing one to include in the standards especially since there is no requirement for anyone to complete a PICS statement for their implementation.  Will any agencies actually commit to providing PICS for their implementations?

Cheers,
-JOhn