[Cesg-all] Re: WG charters

Adrian J. Hooke adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Jan 8 11:14:06 EST 2007

At 08:00 AM 1/8/2007, Nestor.Peccia at esa.int wrote:
>My personal suggestion is to have all the "official" charters in one place
>(and this must be the only link used by everybody)

Nestor: I agree with this. Part of the ongoing Secretariat work to automate
our business practices is an attempt to provide on-line tools to help WG
Chairmen to generate charters and to track the progress of approved working
groups. Craig Day will report on this item at the CESC/CMC joint meeting on
the afternoon of 23 January. Theoretically, if we can get every charter
on-line in a consistent form then we will have exactly this sort of central
on-line repository.

Working Group chairs are reminded that the WG charters are their
"contracts" whereby they agree to lead a specific program of work on-budget
and on-schedule. Quite soon now we hope to have automated tools whereby the
CMC can be alerted when work deviates from the chartered plan. So each WG
chair should be looking at their current charter after the Colorado meeting
and should be prepared to propose any necessary adjustments and updates.

///adrian