[Cesg-all] Re: RE : [CMC] Charter Development Template For Comments

Adrian J Hooke ahooke at jpl.nasa.gov
Sat Apr 14 10:04:26 EDT 2007

Jean-Marc wrote:
> I remain in favour of a call for participations at
> the time of chartering a news WG so that the CMC members
> who were not aware of a BOF or were not consulted for
> participation may formally answer and indicate the
>level of their contribution, from participant to a project,
>to project leader or to chair / co-chair responsibility.

I agree fully with this, except I would propose going one step
further. I would make it an OPEN call for participation,
including people who are not directly funded by CCSDS agencies.
That way the core work would be funded and controlled by the
CCSDS agencies but other people would feel invited to make
contributions. We may also be surprised to find that such
participation could - in some WGs- significantly reduce the need
for Agency resources.

///adrian