[Cesg-all] Re: Date / Agenda for the D-DOR meeting at next CCSDS Workshop in Rome

Peter Shames peter.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue May 2 11:10:17 EDT 2006

Nestor,

This sounds like a good discussion.  The one additional element that
needs to be considered is how we actually deliver the data (Nav WG
product).  We are assuming that radiometric and ranging data will be
returned using the CSS CSTS service.   Of course, if any of these
results are just files then FTP can be directly used.   However, for
some of these data types they will be stream data and an SLE style
service then seems more appropriate.

Several of us will be meeting here at JPL prior to this proposed
telecon to discuss the end to end and process flow issues.  The
results of that meeting will be available for discussion.

Regards, Peter

On May 2, 2006, at 5:59 AM, Nestor.Peccia at esa.int wrote:

> I suggest the following agenda for the DDOR SIG meeting to be held
> on 13th
> June 2006 at 14.00 hrs in Rome (I propose to meet in the Ranging WG
> reserved
> room ). Maximum time available is 2 hours.
>
>    DOR Tones : Reporting of discussion / findings at Ranging WG
> meeting (It
>    is assumed that this item will be treated during Ranging WG
> meeting on
>    Monday / Tuesday am)
>    Reduced Data : Report of NAV TDM RIDs and TDM coverage of
> reduced data
>    (NAV WG to address this topic)
>    Raw Data and Quasar Catalogue : Possibility of a TTA or MOU
> (Peter Shames
>    / Nestor Peccia)
>    SLE Service Management for NAV Data (CSS Area will participate)
>    End-to-end discussion
>
> I will call for a 3rd telecon by 3rd / 4th week May 2006. It would
> be ideal
> if the Concept Paper is updated prior to this telecon (David and
> James ??)
>
> For the sake of completeness I attach below the last minutes of our
> 2nd
> telecon
>
> ciao
> nestor

> Delta-DOR SIG
>
> 2nd Telecon on 20th March 2006
>
> Participants:
> JPL:  D. Berry, J. Border
> ESA:  R. Maddè, S. Pallaschke, T. Morley, N. Peccia
>
> The following was agreed:
>
> Interface 1: DOR Tones
> The current status of existing standard has been discussed (CCSDS
> 401 (2.5.6
> B, pages 2.5.6B-1 to 3). It has been agreed that there is no need
> to extend
> such standard to the 25.5-27 GHz allocation, since such allocation
> will be
> used for Category A missions only ("Near Earth"). Moreover, there
> is no
> interest expressed in performing delta-DOR measurements to L2 and
> Lunar
> missions, to date.
> JPL expressed the wish to extend the range of the highest tone, for
> the
> 31.8-32.3 frequency allocation, beyond the currently recommended
> one (76
> MHz), at least optionally, in order to increase measurement
> accuracy.  J.
> Border to prepare a proposal and report. Action JB (31.05.06)
> This issue will be discussed at the next SLS Ranging WG meeting at the
> Workshop in Rome.
>
> Interface 2: Raw Data
> The possibility to cross-check JPL and ESA raw data formats has been
> discussed. Both parties warmly agreed on that, provided that
> consistent
> chances of exchanging real raw data are set up by management and/or
> are
> allowed by internal procedures.
> [...]

Peter Shames
Manager - JPL Data Systems Standards Program
InterPlanetary Network Directorate
Jet Propulsion Laboratory, MS 301-265
California Institute of Technology
Pasadena, CA 91109 USA

Telephone: +1 818 354-5740,  Fax: +1 818 393-1333

Internet:  Peter.Shames at jpl.nasa.gov
"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring
will be to arrive at where we started, and know the place for the
first time"

                       T.S. Eliot