[Cesg-all] Re: The two Orange Books

Jean-Luc.Gerner at esa.int Jean-Luc.Gerner at esa.int
Wed Jun 7 05:39:17 EDT 2006

Tom,
Given the nature of the comments at the CESG review, I think that the issue
should be addressed at upcoming CESG. Also because the comments are not
specific to these books but address the very nature of CCSDS Orange Books.

Converting two books into one single book is not just editorial work. If that
were to be proposed by NASA, I would advise to re-initiate a CESG poll.
However, I favor a discussion at CESG first.

Note that the SLS AD/DAD position as expressed by my comments at the Poll is
still valid and could be used (together with the other comments) as input for
a CESG debate.

Best regards
Jean-Luc Gerner
TEC-ETN
Tel: +31 71 565 4473

             Thomas Gannett
             <tom.gannett at btas.
             com>                                                         To
                                        Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
             01/06/2006 14:11                                             cc
                                        Jean-Luc.Gerner at esa.int
                                                                     Subject
                                        Re: The two Orange Books

Gian Paolo:

to consolidate the two books into a single two-part document representing a
NASA position.  It is unclear whether GSFC and JPL can agree on sharing a
document, however.

My sense is that publication is imminent, but I can't say at the moment
whether the books will be published as one volume or two.

I'll keep you informed,
Tom