[Cesg-all] Are AD's managers ?

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Wed Jun 8 03:13:07 EDT 2005

Adrian,

We did in Athens a very nice Plan to get our resource matrix approved.

i.e.

Mid May 05: CESG to send to CMC the Plan + associated resource matrix
Mid June 05:      CMC to respond
End July 05:      CMC / CESG to negotiate the Plan

I believe we are a little bit delayed.

If AD's would work in the same way on a real Project, the consequence is
obvious

==> "They would be fired"

The old P1, P2, P3 organization did not care about this, and a new
organizaton was put in place to overcome this type of problem (among others).

I have already raised this issue during the last year.

If there is no corrective action taken, I recommend to abandon the resource
allocation.

It is a waste of time time (at least for me). CESG can simulate that it has
resources, and CMC can simulate that gives the CESG the requested resources
and everybody would be happy, thinking that is a "good manager".

ciao
nestor