[Cesg-all] CCSDS Concept Paper: delta-DOR

Jean-Luc.Gerner at esa.int Jean-Luc.Gerner at esa.int
Tue Aug 23 11:34:44 EDT 2005

Dave,
Your paper is very interesting for its technical content and the exhaustive
review of the technique and issues.
I am missing however reference to the existing Delta-DOR recommendation CCSDS
401 (2.5.6B) which is addressing the RF domain, was approved blue in 1997 and
reviewed in 2002 (with decision for 'no change'). How do you see this
recommendation fit into your proposal?
I believe we should distinguish what is needed to ensure interoperability and
what is more of the 'information exchange' nature and not prone to
standardisation. Your concept paper seems to address both.
What CCSDS needs also to address is the timeline. how much is missing from
what is already available? when is it needed (what missions?)? Then we will
be able to decide on how best use our resources; should we wait until current
work is completed or does it require that we give it high priority and
redirect current resources, putting other work on hold?

Best regards
Jean-Luc Gerner
TEC-ETT
Tel: +31 71 565 4473

                      David Berry
                      <david.s.berry at jpl.nasa         To:      tom.gannett at btas.com
                      .gov>                           cc:      belinda.arroyo at jpl.nasa.gov, wallace.s.tai at jpl.nasa.gov,
                      Sent by:                        sls-rng at mailman.ccsds.org, moims-nav at mailman.ccsds.org, erik.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov,
                      cesg-all-bounces at mailma         cesg-all at mailman.ccsds.org, Nestor.Peccia at esa.int, leslie.paal at jpl.nasa.gov
                      n.ccsds.org                     Subject: [Cesg-all] CCSDS Concept Paper:  delta-DOR

                      11/08/2005 03:01

Tom:

I have attached the CCSDS Concept Paper that I mentioned to you I was
working on, for posting at
http://public.ccsds.org/publications/ConceptPapers.aspx

If there's anything else you need, please let me know.

Regards,
David Berry(See attached file: delta-DOR-Concept-Paper.pdf)