[Ccsds-omg-liaison] CSRM comments

Pete Rivett pete.rivett at adaptive.com
Thu Oct 3 15:40:46 UTC 2019

  *   The SysML namespace resolves to a 404 page error
     *   xmlns:sysml='http://www.omg.org/spec/SysML/20150709/SysML'

That URI is correct for SysML 1.4. Namespaces are URIs (identifiers) not URLs (Locators) so not required to resolve. The URL is https://www.omg.org/spec/SysML/20150709/SysML.xmi
Though it'd be nice if the URI was redirected to the URL that's a matter for the OMG website under instruction from the SysML RTF (for FIBO we specified that sort of redirect).
In short it's not something the CSRM spec needs to address.

However, having just looked at the file there are additional problems:

  *   There is a top level uml:Model called Data which should not be there. The top level element should be the Package called Cubesat System Reference Model.
  *   It contains diagrams and other xmi:Extensions in proprietary MagicDraw format. That includes the HyperlinkOwner elements that JD mentioned
  *   References to external models do not use the official OMG URL but refer a local mdzip file e.g.
  *                                     <elementImport xmi:type='uml:ElementImport' xmi:id='_19_0_2_3880181_1556034789456_254723_58418'>
                                         <importedElement href='ISO-80000.mdzip#_18_0beta_903028d_1388650189782_109507_116243'>
                                                <xmi:Extension extender='MagicDraw UML 19.0'>
                                                       <referenceExtension referentPath='ISO-80000::ISO80000-9 Physical Chemestry and Molecular Physics::Quantities::amount of substance::amount of substance' referentType='DataType'/>
                                                </xmi:Extension>
                                         </importedElement>
                                  </elementImport>

  *
  *   Many problems such as the diagrams and extensions can be addressed by exporting from MagicDraw using the Clean XMI plugin. See attached email for how to install and use.
  *   Note that, in addition to a clean, standard XMI file, you should also include the original MagicDraw proprietary .mdzip file for future maintenance of the specification so long as it is clearly labeled as Ancillary in the specification Manifest file.

In short I suggest you run the Clean XMI plugin and send me the output and I can clean it up further (e.g. remove the top Data element) then give it to JD again to check.

Pete