[Ccsds-omg-liaison] OMG Long Beach: Four-week deadline reminder

Jason McC. Smith jason at omg.org
Sat Nov 9 20:15:53 UTC 2019

Hello all OMG community members, this is a gentle reminder that the four-week deadline for our Long Beach meeting is coming up quickly, on this next Monday, Nov 11.  If you have a document that you would like to put forth before the Architecture Board, it must be submitted to Juergen Boldt (juergen at omg.org <mailto:juergen at omg.org>) by the end of that day.

Why do we insist on this four week buffer before our quarterly meeting?  Primarily, it is to ensure that each and every document that gets submitted to the AB, or to a task force for a vote, gets enough time devoted to it to give it a proper review.  (The four-week rule is mentioned no less than eight times in our hallowed P&P (https://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc.cgi?pp/17-06-01 <https://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc.cgi?pp/17-06-01>)!) For those of you who have been in front of the AB before, you know that the hot seat can get quite warm at times, and those four weeks give our AB reviewers ample time to find potential issues, give authors a bit of warning, and give everyone a chance to get on the same page.  By the time the quarterly meeting rolls around, the AB can have a large number of documents or groups to get through, and it behooves everyone to have it go smoothly, but thoroughly.

Thanks to all who contribute, and we’ll see you in Long Beach.

Jason McC. Smith, Ph.D.
VP / Technical Director
jason at omg.org <mailto:jason at omg.org>