[Ccsds-omg-liaison] XTCE 1.1 public bugzilla updated...

Kevin Rice Kevin.Rice at gst.com
Mon Oct 22 18:51:41 EDT 2007

I’ve updated the bugzilla for the XTCE1.1 schema with all the bugs or feature requests I’ve accrued since 1.1 was published;  they number 35.

Around 12 or so are little more than typos – unfortunately the OMG process seems to require that to even fix typos, we’ll have to go thru another release at some point. (we should revisit this with them I think
)

The others are feature requests which I labeled as “enhancements” in the bugzilla database.  Generally I believe these should be driven by use cases -- more use cases for any feature request should increase the likelihood of it being addressed in a future release of XTCE.  Many have come from several organizations which I collected personally but may not be reflected in the entry I made initially – in other words you can’t blame me for all of them!

I also encourage folks that have more bugs or features to put them in the database – but you’ll have to get an account to do that (it’s painless!)   But anyone can just take a look at them, follow this link and search:

http://cvs.scisys.co.uk/ccsds/bugs/

Ultimately these entries in bugzilla will be formally submitted to the OMG issues database.  As such I’ve written up a brief summary of the schedule related to this in the CWE folder area which is in the file “SchemaBugzillaInfoSchedule”. It can be found by following this link:

http://cwe.ccsds.org/moims/docs/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2fmoims%2fdocs%2fMOIMS%2dSMandC%2fDraft%20Documents%2fXTCE%2fXTCE1%2e1&FolderCTID=&View=%7b8E605C3A%2d1DB4%2d4034%2dB479%2d91C6E2A03139%7d