[Sis-dtn] Names for BPSec elements

Keith Scott keithlscott at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 08:40:26 UTC 2023

While editing the BPSec document I realized we don't have a canonical names
section to parallel that in BPv7.  I added one and copied the text below.
Comments / corrections appreciated!

ANNEX A

*Bundle Protocol Security Element Nomenclature   (Normative)*

E1 BPSec Element Nomenclature

This annex specifies the canonical nomenclature for DTN BPSec extension
block field definitions. In the terms column, the non-canonical terms are
given. The full canonical name is formed by prepending ‘BPSec.’ and the
table name transformed into camelcase followed by a dot. So, for example,
the full canonical name of the ‘Security Dontext ID’ field is:

BPSec.abstractSecurityBlock.securityContextID

When identifying elements of arrays, the element number shall be included
immediately after the array name in square brackets “[]” so that the value
of the third security context parameter would be:

BPSec.abstractSecurityBlock.securityContextParametersArray[3].value

This annex does not imply anything about implementation, encoding of
values, or range limitations set by the encoding or implementation. (For
encoding and limits set by the encoding methods, see RFC 9171.)

Value limits imposed by implementations will be documented by forthcoming
network management specifications.

Term

Logical Data Type

Range

Abstract Security Block

Security Targets

Array of unsigned integers (block IDs)

Array size (1 .. )

Security Context ID

Unsigned Integer

(0 .. )

Security Context Flags

Unsigned Integer interpreted as a bit field

(0 .. )

Security Source Array

Array of unsigned Integers

Array of (0 .. )