[Sis-csi] Telecon today 3:30

James Rash james.l.rash at nasa.gov
Thu Jan 4 12:45:01 EST 2007

Keith,

Have we identified the nodes that will have to interoperate (and
when), and which of these are so far not actually built as opposed to
those that are and will need to be retrofitted to interoperate?

Cheers...
Jim

On Jan 4, 2007, at 11:37 AM, Scott, Keith L. wrote:

> Happy New Year to everyone!
>
> I'll be on the call to touch base today.  I haven't made much
> headway on the document but have had some discussions about our
> course and options (interoperability on the ground vs. full-up
> protocol profile for space missions).  I've gotten some buy-in for
> our current approach of specifying mechanisms for terrestrial
> interoperability (essentially 'via SLE' and 'pulling IP packets out
> at the ground station').
>
> We're also on the hook for a lunchtime presentation during the
> meetings.  I think using this time to talk about how IP could
> function (including review of how IP works and the terrestrial
> interoperability options, emphasizing that we can get terrestrial
> interoperability with little or no change to existing mechanisms)
> is the way to go.
>

>         --keith

James L. Rash
Building 23, Room E403
Code 588 -- Advanced Architectures and Automation Branch
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Greenbelt, MD  20771
301-286-5246 (voice)     301-286-1768 (fax)