[Sis-csi] Telecon today 3:30

Scott, Keith L. kscott at mitre.org
Thu Jan 4 11:37:22 EST 2007

Happy New Year to everyone!

I'll be on the call to touch base today.  I haven't made much headway
on the document but have had some discussions about our course and
options (interoperability on the ground vs. full-up protocol profile
for space missions).  I've gotten some buy-in for our current approach
of specifying mechanisms for terrestrial interoperability (essentially
'via SLE' and 'pulling IP packets out at the ground station').

We're also on the hook for a lunchtime presentation during the
meetings.  I think using this time to talk about how IP could function
(including review of how IP works and the terrestrial interoperability
options, emphasizing that we can get terrestrial interoperability with
little or no change to existing mechanisms) is the way to go.

        --keith