[SIS-CFDPV1] CFDP WG (Virtual) Meeting

구철회 chkoo at kari.re.kr
Wed Apr 13 04:02:11 UTC 2022

Hi Felix, Can we discuss about what the future direction of CFDP revision would be?
Also, can we think about the possibility of much lighter version of CFDP Class 1 like tftp (Trivial FTP)?

I think much of functions in current CFDP are being done by LTP convergence layer. CFDP is very capable of handling file delivery service for which LTP/BP is not considered, but when and where LTP/BP are involved I feel most functions in CFDP redundancy because similar functions are already provided by LTP layer. I think it may be enough if CFDP has some critical functions without listing of Metadata/Fdu/NAK/EOF/FIN PDUs, e.g., file name, file length, NAK, cancel, file creation/deletion/change and so on, like TFTP.

I am just curious to know how other people think about this.

Cheol