[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] Simple Report on Nav WG books / Feb 2024

Berry, David S (US 3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Feb 8 11:04:07 UTC 2024

Daniel:

Here is the "simple report" on Nav WG projects in progress as of our 07-Feb-2024 telecon. Overall progress is good.

500.0 Navigation Data - Definitions and Conventions Green Book (V.4): No discussion in this meeting. We discussed the potential for an updated version of this document at the Fall 2023 Meetings, but did not commit to an update. A proposal to gradually phase out the document by migrating material to the SANA Registry is being considered.

503.0 Tracking Data Message (TDM V.3): No discussion in this meeting (Lead Editor had prior commitment). Pink Book Draft 2.0.2 is in progress, and progress is good. We plan to have an updated version to review by the time of the Spring Meetings.

504.0 Attitude Data Messages (ADM V.2): The ADM V.2 Blue Book has been published, so the current project is now fully complete!

505.0 Navigation Data Messages XML Specification (NDM/XML V.4): A request has been made to the SANA Registry team to migrate the V.4 schemas that accommodate the ADM V.2 changes, which are currently posted to the "nav beta" SANA Registry, out of the beta site and into the Production SANA site. These schemas and were used in the ADM V.2 testing (3 separate testers: Thales Alenia Space, GMV, and NASA/JPL). The NDM/XML V.4 document has been submitted to you for a resolution to commence Secretariat Document Processing. The V.4 primarily removes obsolete material related to the ADM V.1 which has now transitioned to Silver status. We are hopeful that the Secretariat Document Processing and CESG/CMC "Approval for Agency Review" polls can commence soon.

507.0 Navigation Events Message (NEM V.1): Not discussed in this telecon. There should be an initial White Book to discuss at the Spring 2024 meetings.

507.1 Launch Data Message: Not discussed in this telecon.

508.0 Conjunction Data Message (CDM V.2): Secretariat Document Processing has completed. A CESG Poll for "Approval for Agency Review" polls commenced recently.

508.2 Fragmentation Data Message: The CMC "New Project" Poll completed successfully 02-Jan-2024, but there was no discussion in this telecon because the Lead Editor had a prior commitment.

Recently published/reconfirmed standards/other documents with no action necessary: 500.2 Navigation Data Messages Overview Green Book (V.3), 502.0 Orbit Data Message (V.3), 508.1 Re-Entry Data Message (V.1), 509.0 Pointing Request Message (V.1)