[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] Simple Report on Nav WG books / Oct 2023

Berry, David S (US 3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Oct 18 23:34:59 UTC 2023

Daniel:

Thanks for joining our telecon earlier today!

Here is the "simple report" on Nav WG projects in progress as of our 18-Oct-2023 telecon. Overall progress is good.

500.0 Navigation Data - Definitions and Conventions Green Book (V.4): We will discuss the potential for an updated version of this document at the Fall 2023 Meetings.

503.0 Tracking Data Message (TDM V.3): Pink Book Draft 2.0.2 is in progress. We hope to have an updated version to review shortly after the Fall 2023 Meetings (we are prioritizing the CDM prior to the Fall Meetings). In The Hague we are planning a day of internal WG discussions plus a joint meeting with the CSTS/Tracking Data team.

504.0 Attitude Data Messages (ADM V.2): The request to commence the ADM V.2 "approval to publish" polls was belatedly received by the CCSDS Editor, so we are a bit delayed with respect to our planned schedule. After today's telecon I did receive an email from Tom Gannett requesting a RID report for the ADM, but since no RIDs were filed as a result of the review, there was nothing to send him. Based on his email, I suspect that our "Approval to Publish" polls will commence soon.

505.0 Navigation Data Messages XML Specification (NDM/XML V.4): The V.4 schemas that accommodate the ADM V.2 changes have been completed, posted to the "nav beta" SANA Registry, and were used in the ADM V.2 testing (3 separate testers: Thales Alenia Space, GMV, and NASA/JPL). They will be promoted to SANA Production once the ADM V.2 is published. Next up: The NDM/XML V.4 document is nearly ready for Secretariat Document Processing; progress was delayed due to budget issues. The V.4 primarily removes obsolete material related to the ADM V.1 which is about to transition to Silver status. Shortly after the Fall Meetings it is planned to submit the draft document and request the Area Director Resolution to commence the CESG/CMC "Approval for Agency Review" polls.

507.0 Navigation Events Message (NEM V.1): There may be an initial White Book prior to discuss at the Fall 2023 meetings.

508.0 Conjunction Data Message (CDM V.2): The most recent version distributed to the full WG is P-1.0.6. There will be a combined technical and proofreading internal WG review; MOST technical changes for the new version have previously been made, but there is some new material in this version. We anticipate being able to request the Area Director Resolution to commence the CESG/CMC "Approval for Agency Review" polls shortly after the Fall 2023 Meetings.

509.0 Pointing Request Message (PRM V.1): The PRM Corrigenda were published on 17-Oct-2023. At the Fall 2023 Meetings we expect to "reconfirm" the document.

5xx.0 Launch Data Message (number to be assigned): Not discussed in this telecon except to identify a time slot on the Fall Meetings Agenda.

Recently published standards/other documents with no action necessary: 500.2 Navigation Data Messages Overview Green Book, 502.0 Orbit Data Message (V.3), 508.1 Re-Entry Data Message (V.1).