[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] FW: [EXTERNAL] [CCSDS-All] A brief message from the CCSDS Chair

Berry, David S (US 3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Oct 18 22:50:52 UTC 2023

All:

In case you didn't get this from the CMC Chair directly...

David

From: CCSDS-All <ccsds-all-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org> on behalf of CCSDS-All via CCSDS-All <CCSDS-all at mailman.ccsds.org>
Date: Wednesday, October 18, 2023 at 7:48 AM
To: "CCSDS-all at mailman.ccsds.org" <CCSDS-all at mailman.ccsds.org>
Cc: CCSDS-All <CCSDS-all at mailman.ccsds.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [CCSDS-All] A brief message from the CCSDS Chair

Dear CCSDS Colleagues,

I wanted to send this brief and informal message to report on recent developments and updates.

Fall Meeting (November 2023) at The Hague:

We are ready to meet in November as planned and are looking forward to seeing everybody in person or via virtual participation.  On the second week, after the CESG and CMC meetings, we will hear reports from our ISO subcommittees and be joined in person by an ISO representative.

As you might have heard, we had planned to hold a LunaNet Developer’s Forum on 14 November 2023, but later decided to postpone it.  The reason is related to the open procurement contracts that made it awkward for some industries as well as agency officials to participate.  We are hoping this will be settled long before the Spring Meeting and we can put the Developer’s Forum back on the agenda.

For those who asked why we did not circulate an announcement of the postponement, we never send an announcement of the Forum in the first place. This is because each member agency was responsible for inviting their local industries.  So, the announcement and subsequent news of postponement are in the hands of the member agencies, not the CCSDS Secretariat.  However, we updated our website accordingly.

We will use the time previously reserved for the Forum to continue management meetings, preparing for the Forum next year, and discuss an initiative for the “CCSDS of the future” that will be introduced to help us sustain our efforts for many years.

Spring Meeting (April-May 2024) in the USA:

We are now planning for the technical meetings to take place in the USA starting on 29 April.  The most likely location is Washington DC at the Department of Commerce which kindly offered to host us.  We are excited about the opportunity to meet at their building in the center of our capital city. More details will follow.

Plans for the Fall (October-November) 2024 meeting in Europe are still under development.

Welcome New Observer Member and Associate Members

We have accepted the Egypt Space Agency as an observer member and a handful of industries as Associates.  Our documentation is being updated to reflect the new information.   We continue to encourage other agencies and industries to join us as well as encourage some of the agencies currently in the Observer category to move to Full Membership when they are ready to increase their level of participation.

Thank you.
Sami