[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] Simple Report on Nav WG books / Jul 2023

Berry, David S (US 3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Jul 12 15:14:06 UTC 2023

Daniel/Marc:

Here is the "simple report" on Nav WG projects in progress as of our 12-Jul-2023 telecon. Overall progress is good.

503.0 Tracking Data Message (TDM V.3): The Lead Editor and I have had two productive telecons with the CSS AD and CSTS Chair to resolve a potential conflict with one of their standards; we will continued discussion in a joint meeting at The Hague in the Fall.

504.0 Attitude Data Messages (ADM V.2): There has not been much progress since the last telecon, so there is some new delay in the plan. Prototype testing has been completed, and the XML section of the document has been revised accordingly. Remaining work includes updating and finalizing the Test Report and applying some additional changes to the Pink Book to address changes necessitated by test results. We now expect to send you in early August the artifacts required in order for the AD Review and Resolution to request "Approval to Publish" polls.

505.0 Navigation Data Messages XML Specification (NDM/XML V.4): The V.4 schemas that accommodate the ADM V.2 changes have been completed, posted to the "nav beta" SANA Registry, and were used in the ADM V.2 testing (3 separate testers: Thales Alenia Space, GMV, and NASA/JPL). Next up: The NDM/XML V.4 document is nearly ready for Secretariat Document Processing. The V.4 primarily removes obsolete material related to the ADM V.1 which is about to transition to Silver status. Unfortunately I have had to deprioritize this work given budgetary issues. In early October it is planned to submit the draft document and request the Area Director Resolution to commence the CESG/CMC "Approval for Agency Review" polls.

507.0 Navigation Events Message (NEM V.1): Distribution of the first NEM White Book has been further delayed due to the fact that the NEM has the same Lead Editor as the ADM Version 2 update, which has higher priority.

508.0 Conjunction Data Message (CDM V.2): Internal review of Pink Book P1.0.4 has been completed. The consensus of the group is that this version of the Pink Book is nearly ready for Agency Review. An interim draft P-1.0.5 was created for review by the co-editor. The next version distributed to the full WG will be P-1.0.6, which will be a proofreading version only; all technical changes for the new version have been made. We anticipate in late September being able to request the Area Director Resolution to commence the CESG/CMC "Approval for Agency Review" polls.

509.0 Pointing Request Message (PRM V.1): Along with the AD Resolution, the PRM Corrigenda have been submitted to the Secretariat for CESG/CMC polling; these polls have not yet been initiated.

5xx.0 Launch Data Message (number to be assigned): Was not discussed in this telecon except to provide status on the proposed new project.

Recently published standards/other documents with no action necessary: 500.0 Navigation Data - Definitions and Conventions Green Book (V.4), 500.2 Navigation Data Messages Overview Green Book, 502.0 Orbit Data Message (V.3), 508.1 Re-Entry Data Message (RDM V.1).