[Moims-dai] Meeting in The Hague - in-person or by video

garrett at his.com garrett at his.com
Fri Sep 1 15:49:01 UTC 2023

Hi,

I'm concerned that we didn't have participation at the Huntsville meeting
and we may not have a meeting now in the Hague.

I think we need the international face-to-face meetings to actually make
progress.

If we don't meet, this session will become like just another weekly meeting,
perhaps with a couple extra sessions that week.

That's pretty much what happened since COVID.

I think it presents a poor appearance to CCSDS management about whether we
are a serious WG.
I think our poor attendance at Huntsville already did that.

Also it begins to get into tit for tat retaliations where US doesn't attend
a meeting then ESA doesn't approve travel for the next one. But we are
already stuck in that situation.

Will there be attendance at the next US meeting where ever that will be?

Peace, joy, and prosperity,

-JOhn