[Moims-dai] Draft message about OAIS

Bruce AMBACHER bambacher at verizon.net
Sun Apr 16 20:41:56 UTC 2023

I agree with Mark on most of his comments. It is very important to target this to the proper audiences. I see nothing regarding national standard bodies as one audience. Their understanding of ISO procedures should be above average and they can shape/smooth this transition.
You have CCSDS functioning as the editor of OAIS when its role is much larger. It also adjudicates all comments received. Tie the process to the ISO structure through SC20 TC 13 (I think)
Do you need to provide all of the ISO-CCSDS history? It may be better to just outline the  relationship and procedures going forward.
Mark is correct to link any comments to a site, formats nd procedures used in the past. This will place the changes in a familiar process.
More to say as we discuss this tomorrow.