[CESG] [EXTERNAL] AW: Spec for review: LunaNet V5 spec links

Matt Cosby matt.cosby at goonhilly.org
Fri Sep 15 09:44:05 UTC 2023

Hi Tomaso & Peter,

I can give you the position from the IOAG... The IOAG Lunar WG has been asked (by the IOAG chair) to provide a coordinated IOAG response to this draft version. We will then apply a review on the comments to ensure that they align (and do not contradict) with the Lunar Communications Architecture report (here<https://www.ioag.org/Public%20Documents/Lunar%20communications%20architecture%20study%20report%20FINAL%20v1.3.pdf>).  We have also advised the working group that they can submit their comments through the IOAG, or through their agencies... or both.

I personally think that comments (and similar comments) coming from different fronts (CCSDS, agencies, IOAG, SFCG, etc) would "carry more weight"... however, the review process within LNIS is not clear to me.

I would therefore agree that CESG should encourage agencies to provide comments and then submit them as CCSDS.

Happy to chat through, if required.

Cheers,
Matt.

Matthew Cosby